Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Family Photos in Pigtails and Pirates

My one of my first completely matching mother-daughter outfits was with Selene and I for my second Mother's Day. It was the In the Conservatory Dress from Pigtails and Pirates, and my memories in it are some of my favourites. We went to a restaurant adjacent to a shopping centre, and many of the shop managers still remember our outfit and ask what we are wearing next year.

When I booked family photos with Tina Ramos Photography, I knew it had to be Pigtails and Pirates again. Much to my delight, the ladies over there advised they could whip up a dress in Selene's current size 3, so that Aurora could wear her old dress we could be a matching trio. These photos are even more important to me because the dresses hold such happy memories.








We went to the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, where Tina and I have shot several times before. Capturing the right moments on camera with two little ones can be difficult, but Tina did a fantastic job of grabbing the right mix of candids and poses to create some lovely family portraits.

With that, here's some advice for photoshoots with children this little - natural natural natural. We got a couple of photos with them looking at the camera, but for the most part we didn't make that a goal. We figured out early in the shoot how difficult it would be and instead went for swinging Selene in the air or looking at each other. I think it makes for better photos anyway :)


Thank you again to Tina for taking such gorgeous photos. We partnered up almost two years ago to take blog photos and haven't looked back since.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Aww, these photos are so beautiful and really capture what life is all about. Love, family, spending time outdoors, smiling and celebrating the joy of being with people you treasure.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true Jessica! It's definitely a good representation of everything we love and try to emulate, even if the shoot itself wasn't as easy as it looks hehe! Navigating a shoot with two tinies is hard work <3

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig