Monday, 18 January 2016

Maternity Pinup Style - Melanie Dress by Hell Bunny

I honestly swore to myself there was no way I would be able to do matching outfits with my daughter when I fell pregnant a second time. I figured it would be too hard and not worth the headache. Instead, I've found it so easy to find retro dresses in a variety of colors and styles to suit our little wardrobes, even with a belly!

It was with gusto that I began my search for a lavender pinup dress for maternity purposes when I outgrew what I had. Selene has several purple frocks and, naturally, I needed one to match. I had a feeling Hell Bunny would be the way to go, as they have several lilac offerings to try, and I had yet to review any of their stuff for pregnancy.


 
I ordered the Melanie in Lilac Polka Dots in size small originally, just going by the size chart. I was nervous it would be tight around the waist as this particular Hell Bunny dress offers no stretch. Instead I found it was too tight in the bust! Disappointed but unwilling to let it deter me, I quickly exchanged it for a medium.

The fit of the medium was much better, with enough room in the bust to accomodate me. I'm a 38D at the moment, being pregnant, so it was still a bit of a squeeze.


The fabric is of medium weight and thickness, definitely not something I would ever pick up and think is cheap! I do wish it had a little stretch to it though. Because of the way the neck clasps together, it can get uncomfortable after hours of wear. If it had even a little stretch added it would be perfection.

The belt is nice and roomy too, which was exciting! Last pregnancy I didn't get to wear any belts as all of mine became too tight, very quickly. This one will easily last me till the end, and even when I wore the size small, I had a notch to spare.
 


The design is divine. It's not your run of the mill dress, and I've yet to find anything similar and as widely available. It comes in Black, Red and several other colors and they all do it justice. I remember initially seeing it on @pinupdaysvintagenights on Instagram and thinking "I must have that dress!".

 I'm so glad I bought it. I do hope they redesign it with stretch one day, just to make things more comfortable. Until then, I'm happy with this one.

It's a little difficult to link to this dress, as most of my readers are American and Hell Bunny just sells through stockists. A quick google search will bring it up in about two seconds flat, though!


On a side note - have you ladies ever tried to get these Pinup Couture shoes on with a baby in your belly?! I thought I was going to faint. They wore them in several of the Pinup Girl Clothing maternity shoots, so they must have had assistance putting them on!I tried to get a photo of the mayhem, but I looked so genuinely pained it wasn't even funny :P

What's your favourite Hell Bunny design? xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

1 comment

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Soft purple is a stunning colour on you, sweet dear.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig